Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
This seems to be a "Common" problem, I went ahead and "Stuck" this thread at the top of the 1G Problems and Issues Section, If I find others I'll merge them with this thread (1G only applicable) @feetdry Did you have a thread on this?

Moderator Note: Thread Stuck

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
This seems to be a "Common" problem, I went ahead and "Stuck" this thread at the top of the 1G Problems and Issues Section, If I find others I'll merge them with this thread (1G only applicable) @feetdry Did you have a thread on this?

Moderator Note: Thread Stuck
Yes, but memory is such a fleeting thing. I guess if I were not so lazy, I could look up all my thread starts. I will do that!

Okay, wow, that was difficult. I started a thread about rodents 11 months ago and I titled it, "Rats, no really rats".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happened to me over a year ago. Problem was that I was very far from home and since I didn't see or feel any negative consequences for driving with the CEL light illuminated for several hundred miles, I experienced problems "down the road". After replacing the wiring (my insurance paid for that) but in about 2 weeks I had the rear cat go out. Dealer blamed it on previously driving with the CEL light and the rodent damage.

This time of year, I dust my engine with chili powder as I travel a 4 state area.
So yours was under the vehicle like mine? Most talk about wiring under the hood being chewed.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
No, mine, chewed up the wiring harness on top of the engine. That harness lies right at the bottom of the V on our V-6 engines. I never saw it, it was just described to me.

I have a container of cayenne pepper in my left door pocket this time of year and I use it about any time I lift the hood when I'm away from home and just fall and winter. That area retains the most heat once we shut down our engines this time of year. Rodents really like are warm place for the night and the wires are just a tasty snack.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts